At Spacecraft we believe that everybody must do their part in being sustainable. Sustainability is vital for our planet. We have a strong sustainable focus and our philosophy is based on three pillars sustainable products, sustainable business and sustainable communities. These are driven by the UN Sustainable Goals, particularly Goal 1, 12 and 15.
- Goal 1 - End poverty in all it's forms everywhere
- Goal 12 - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15 - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
We seek out products that are environmentally friendly and are made sustainably and under fair conditions, we consider the life cycle of a product, its packaging, the materials it is made from, how it is made, all before it even enters our store.
We run our business in the most sustainable fashion we can - we reuse or recycle packaging, we choose sustainable products in our business operations and we offset our carbon emissions every year by supporting Verified Carbon Standard Community Projects.
We support sustainable communities through our involvement in initiatives such as:
- Make Give Live - where we coordinate a local group making knitted hats for the Taupo community
- Greening Taupo - who we have partnered with to create the Kowhai Spacewalk on Wairakei Drive, North of Taupo
- Boomerang Bags - we give out instore for customers to use and reuse for their shopping
- and a number of other groups.
We also work with fledgling businesses and artists to support, develop and help grow their businesses.
This is us in a nutshell and it is at the essence of every decision we make in our business.