*Unfortunately we are not able to ship nationwide - local Taupo 3330 delivery or click & collect only.
The Asplenium Nidus Avis, or Birds Nest Fern as it sometimes known, is an easy to care for fern. It has gained this nickname as the leaves grow from the centre of the plant in a circular nest-like pattern. A perfect plant for a hanging pot, or as a shelfie addition, this plant can tolerate slightly lower light levels. A humid environment is a key to growing a large healthy plant with those glossy leaves.
- Habitat: Will grow 60-120cm indoors. Does best in a humid environment.
- Light: Medium- bright, indirect light. Direct sunlight will burn the leaves.
- Water: Keep the soil moist, but do not over-water. Like most plants, over-watering will cause root rot.
- Soil: Will be happy in a bark/peat-based soil mixed with an orchid mix through it to help create a free-draining medium.
- Fertiliser: Ferns do not require too much additional fertiliser, other than diluted amounts during growth periods. Too much fertiliser can damage your plant.